Tips for an easier recovery include:
- Don’t smoke.
- Be gentle and don’t rinse your mouth vigorously.
- Don’t use a straw for 24 hours.
- Follow the diet your dentist suggests.
- If your mouth starts swelling, apply a cold cloth or a bag of ice and call your dentist right away.
Common CDT Codes for Extractions:
-  Extraction, erupted tooth or exposed root (elevation and/or forceps removal)
-  Surgical removal of erupted tooth requiring removal of bone and/or sectioning of the tooth, and including elevation of the mucoperiosteal flap if indicated
-  Removal of impacted tooth - partially bony
-  Removal of impacted tooth - completely bony
Do you want to contribute to Bentopedia? Click here to submit your feedback.
The Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice
The contents of the Bento Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other materials created by Bento or obtained from Bento's licensors, and other materials contained on the Bento Site (collectively, "Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Bento Site!
If you think you may have a dental emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Bento does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by Bento, Bento employees, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of Bento, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.